"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Spring, Finally

It's a strong finish I'm expecting over these last few weeks of school before the summer break begins.

I have my month already mostly filled. I think I have about 3 days still open for someone to nab my services as a teacher.

It's been a really good year for me.

The students all know my name. The teachers are texting me in advance to plan their absences. I can pretty much pick and choose the most advantageous jobs---kids I enjoy especially, teachers who are really well prepared for their absence, or subject matter I feel extra confident in. It's all been very good.

I have no complaints.

I'm tired at the end of the days. Working the two jobs has me questioning my sanity, but for now I'll try to make it work.

I've made a rule to try to paint or draw a picture each day, knit at least two rows, and read four chapters in the Bible.

It's amazing what little bits and pieces add up to in several months' time.

I have a good-sized following on Pinterest, and when I have moments at school that are not filled I pin a few pins to keep my followers---and inspire myself!

The first wood ticks have appeared on canines and humans. The yard's been cleaned up, with a few spots needing extra attention.

The Oriels and the hummingbirds have their feeders out, as do the Goldfinches and the Rose Breasted Grosbeaks. Our usual entourage of Cardinals, Blue Jays, Chickadees, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers and other common feathered friends who stay all winter are well provided for. Our Sandhill Cranes have been unembarrassed to share their courting with us.

Predicate escaped and was found.

Corwyn was spayed. Yesterday.

The scar is incredibly tiny! They use lasers now to help cauterize the wound. I think it really helps. She has been wearing the Cone of Shame some, but generally she's pretty good at leaving it alone.

Everyone has been called in to babysit her, a job that will last about 10 days. She is not allowed to do stairs, so we have to put up a gate and watch carefully as the cats, while jumping over it, sometimes manage to knock it down.

It's really easier to keep her on a leash or in the crate.

And the next patient will be Ed. His knee replacement surgery, (second one, right knee this time) is coming up quickly. He and Margaret finished their finals last week.

Ed is an official High School Graduate now. Margaret pursues her nursing aspirations after having achieved her Bachelors' Degree in French a couple of years ago.

Ed will continue at the community college where he's been studying for two years in the fall, then he hopes to transfer to our University.

This was a challenging spring. Differential Equations anyone? Margaret had microbiology and anatomy. I'm really proud (in a good way) of those two. They have had unbelievable challenges and they persevered. Success is best in small doses, I think. We're celebrating Ed's graduation with a family brunch in a couple of weeks, just as we have celebrated all of our high school graduates.

We haven't had an open house for these things, so please don't wonder about not receiving an invitation! It's what we chose to do when our oldest son graduated years ago.

Cherie has been steeped in track and field events.

Those track meets are tough to parent through! On Tuesday we arrived at Howard Lake-Winstead-Waverly High School around 11:30 AM. We left the school around 7 that night!

Cheri ran two events, the 100 and the 200. There is always a set order of these running events, so we know that if she is in the 4 x 400 we'll be sitting in the bleachers until the (bitter) end. Just kidding. It is very exciting to see the kids running and competing. It's definitely a time commitment.

I did bring knitting on Tuesday...

Our choir concert was really special. Beautiful music, beautiful sound. My husband's choir had its two concerts and he wrapped up his time with them. He will not return to be a member next fall. We are now both officially in the Minnetonka Chorale Society. Now that the spring concert is over one more thing is wrapped up. Next fall we perform "The Messiah" and I really cannot wait. Handel's work is truly my all-time favorite work of music.

Meanwhile we will all recuperate from the busy school and choral season.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there, especially my daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, and me own special mum.

She's out on her John Deere mower as I write, mowing the front lawn, doing her favorite thing! She loves to make her yard look like a park, and we all enjoy the result of her lawn care and frequent mowing.

I better fire up the Walker and get our own lawn under control.

Spring is the time of PROJECTS.

Margaret and A, her friend, and another of my "adopted" daughters, washed all of the windows on Tuesday. Bless their hearts! I'm a blessed mama.

It's so fun to see the sun stream through clear glass.

There is so much beauty in the world.

I'd love to share it with you.



No comments: