"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Deli Stories

I really have a fun job working at the local deli. Because I'm a substitute teacher during the school year I have this very part time job slicing meat and serving salads. It's something like "job security."

I live in an interesting neighborhood, rural, for the most part, and nice. It's not "gold coast" or anything, but it does have its local flair. I do love it here.

I get to see all the local folk, gals I grew up with, people from my home church. My husband stops in on his way home from work. Margaret works there sometimes too, so we're kind of a mother and daughter team.

Both of us remarked on a regular customer who always wore black leather and sunglasses. He's a friendly guy, and we'd exchange small talk.

Last night we had a real conversation, and I discovered something. He's a world famous concert pianist.

I'm not going to say his name. Clearly he enjoys his anonymity. Isn't it interesting to think that I've been helping out a world-class musician all these months?!

And I never knew.

Sometimes you find little interesting things in the every day life. I do.




No comments: