"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Something Big's Coming---October 13

First, a word of explanation!

For years I've struggled with a love for the Renaissance Festival and a hatred for it!
I love the costumes, the fun of imagining living in a past era, the horses, the ambiance. I auditioned for a role in the cast and got it many years ago, but at the last minute I backed out. The living conditions made me uneasy.

I hate the occult stuff, the alcohol, the bawdy acts.

I'm a prude. But you already knew that.
I'm certainly not afraid to own it, as my life is perfectly wonderful being a prude. I've no complaints.

I'm not keen on Halloween either.

The only part of Halloween I liked was the dressing up and the candy----but there is so much more to it now that simply appalls me. I'm sure you'd agree with me...


What's a mother to do with her growing children? I consider myself a Fundamentalist spiritually, but not legalistic. I believe in the fundamentals of Scripture. I believe everyone must make their own decisions on how they live, what pleases the LORD, or not. I believe that once you truly know the LORD holiness will become a factor in your life. There is a right, there is a wrong. It's up to you to come under the conviction of the Holy Spirit through extensive Bible reading and prayer. Some things I believe and do I'd be judged for by others, some things I do personally judge others about! Admit it, you do too. It's human nature. We all have our own convictions. We're all accountable to God.

Halloween is one of those things I've struggled with over the years since having children of my own. Every year I hate the occult side more and more. Every year my kids wanted to take part in the "Americana" side of it all with dressing up and getting candy.

It IS the devil's holiday. It used to be rather innocent. It isn't now.


I have a fun event planned for this fall that may be an alternative to both the Renaissance Festival AND Halloween:

Corgi Hollows History Day
____________________________________________________________________


On October 13, from 12 to 8pm Corgi Hollows will host a "fair" that celebrates history.

Music: bring your instruments! We'll have jam sessions, we'll have good bands! We'll have it all.
Food: think German fare---Wurst und Brot, pretzels, cookies, ginger ale, lemonade, apple things, harvest things
Bring a salad or something to share if you wish. Make it old fashioned :)
Crafts: If you want to sell your wares or demonstrate your skills bring a table and we'll help you make it happen!
Games: fun, old fashioned games for little ones. Settlers of Catan and other games ---tournaments for the older ones!
Books: books to sell, books to look at, history stuff!
Animals: there'll be a corgi and some cats, Blackberry may sit on the neighbors' porch in peace, but I invite ponies and horses and other dogs to come too.
Hayfields to run in, Photo opportunities, thickets to explore,
Bonfire (of course! This IS Corgi Hollows!) When were marshmallows invented? :)

Please dress up! I'm going to ask several people I know to come dressed as figures from the Medieval/Reformation/Early Renaissance era. I'd like a Medieval flair to the day, but you can dress up from any historical era. That's the fun of it! I'll expect a few prairie folk, peasants, kings and queens.

SO this is your two month warning. Whoever shows up will have the day to enjoy the country, wear fun costumes, and learn HISTORY!


IF you plan to sell your wares please come in the morning. That's fine. The party will kick off at noon.

I'm excited! It's going to be FUN!

BTW, if you have great ideas to add to this event, just DO IT! You know me, go with the flow!

No alcohol, no occult, very kid-friendly. Those are the guidelines.

Come, rain or shine. We'll all crowd in to the house if rain.


Email me for the address at corgihollows@gmail.com.

See you in October!


Click on the link below for suggested characters to play :)


No comments: