"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Sibling Reunion

My parents are pretty old. They are in excellent health, but their age is starting to limit their activities.

My mom has 3 siblings, and they live a fair distance apart---so much that they rarely see each other.

This week my aunt flew in from Washington, and my mom's other sister came for a sister's reunion. It was a wonderful time for the three of them, they laughed and reminisced. All three sisters have health issues which prevent them from frequent visits.

You can imagine how special it is for them. My mom came over this morning to borrow a few things for breakfast. She exclaimed over the different perspective each one of the sisters had growing up. They were all finding out things that they had never known before.

I guess that is logical, but it is also surprising. Different ages, different perspectives.

My own five children each had a unique time of upbringing. Each one, with a different personality, a different perspective, different circumstances----especially my firstborn compared to my last---has had completely individual experiences. Each one is then completely an individual! Perhaps Margaret, middle child, has the most perspective on how her parents raised children. 

She's the one who does not fear adventure, has been a high achiever, and weighs all things carefully.

I guess she is the balance of our children.

Anyway, it is interesting to hear the conversation, it's special to have a perspective of family, and it's bittersweet to know that this is probably the last time they will ever be together this side of heaven.

Heaven always looks sweeter every day.

It can't be long, now, right, Lord?

Thankful for His forgiveness, for His love, for His promises. He is merciful and good.

No comments: