"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, December 21, 2020

Merry Christmas

 I cannot believe it's been so long since I've written. I've formed hundreds of thoughts to say on this blog since I last wrote, but my life has been excruciatingly difficult with finals these past few weeks. 

Now I finished finals last Thursday. Ed finishes this week, and Cherie finished last weekend. We all attend different institutions, so it's a trick to keep on top of schedules. 

For the most part I do not keep on top of it. I've had little brain power for anyone but my own selfish outlook. 

We are all okay, the Christmas tree is up and decorated, tests and papers are done for better (or worse) and we are getting goodies, treats, and cards in the mail with notes. Cherie made Almond Crescents, Ed made Rosettes. Margaret has been the one making sure we all have nutritious soups and protein to counter the December sugar. 

Snow has been here, but it's been pretty unseasonably warm here in Minnesota. I hear a blizzard is coming on Wednesday, and I think we are ready for it. 

I think we are. 

Since Brian died I have been wary of our ability to survive without him. 

Remember, he was the genius who did it all: car work, house repairs, appliance repairs, financial decisions, YOU NAME IT------HE DID IT.

So far I've had the relief of friends helping out, usually only 'phone call away. That is a HUGE blessing. 

God is still good. You know that. I know that. He takes care of us. 


In this crazy time of election fraud I remember that every single day. God wins, He has everything planned out, His plans will come to fruition in His timing, and we are all getting a front seat for the most interesting events about to unfold. 

If you don't know Jesus, personally, as your savior, you need to repent today and put your trust in Him. 


It's going to get unpleasant, downright nasty, here on earth. 

What about peace on earth? Goodwill toward men?

God promised us peace on earth through the kingdom of His Son, Jesus Christ. God's good will toward men was the gift of a savior. 

How little we are to believe that there is in us anything to deserve God's mercy! He is merciful, though, and He provides a way to be transformed into His presence, holy and perfect. 

Christmas is a time to focus on this transaction, redemption. 


Merry Christmas, dear ones. 

No comments: