"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, May 20, 2010

May Days

I think May is the second most enticing month in a Minnesota year.  It's right behind September.  Today the Cottonwood is shedding drifts of seed, making snow-like mounds under the spirea.  It could be winter with fresh snow!  Yet I was in short sleeves today and soaking up the sun.  The birds are so excited to be having families, or whatever they are so vocal about.  I'm enjoying watching them.
Misty is still doing well.  Not sure if she is going to be having Corsettes yet, but I'd think that would be apparent before too long.  A friend said that it can be hard for a vet to tell at this stage, so I'm not afraid to anticipate still.
I read a newsletter that comes email bi-weekly, and it had no good news today.  War in the Middle East inevitable was the crux of the message.  Now what?  We aren't finished with the oil problem in the Gulf of Mexico.
It is tempting to blissfully ignore the globe and revel in the beauties at hand. 
I can pray, and I will not worry.  I will trust my Maker, the Lover of my soul. 
When you experience crisis and come through it, perhaps damaged, but still able to appreciate God's goodness, it helps in facing the unknown.
Let's all hope and pray that the beauties of September will be enjoyed as these May ones are.

No comments: