"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, May 28, 2010

School's Out

Well, not really.  Today I did complete my son's high school transcript, and I'm so pleased:  All those credits and a very respectable grade point average! 
This is not my favorite thing about home-schooling.  I taught public school once upon a time and the record keeping was never my favorite thing.  I so much prefer the freedom from the picayune that home schooling allows!  Alas, it does require some of the grind of accounts, and now he has over 30 college credits along with his "plain" high school ones.  One must satisfy the colleges where he'd like to go next fall!  
I'm thankful he has such great goals for his life, and a lovely heart to spur him on.  God's love for him is evident to our whole family.  That is princely.
Took the dogs to the farm tonight.  I wish I'd brought a camera.  Picture Misty and Blackberry running in a field of daisies, a little girl tying daisies to dog collars, and the evening sun casting yellow green rays on the verdant meadows!  It was gorgeous tonight.  The mosquitoes were so happy we came out of the house!
Saw the dying oak in the old pasture.  It will come down this summer, and I've asked for a ring of its trunk.  I think it would take 3 people to reach around its base, so it has lived a long life there, next to the swamp which feeds a legendary lake.  There is a little hollow not far from it in the side of the hill where a dug-out house stood.  A little lady who used to be a slave in the south found a home there, braving the wicked winters of our Midwest, looking out on the marsh to the north.  I wonder how big that tree was then?  I'll let you know when it comes down if I can.  I'm guessing it was a lovely mature tree even then. 
And no, we are still doing math and reading and spelling and history and all for the younger ones! 

No comments: