"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tapping into Super Strength

There is nothing like blue sky and 75 degrees F to chase the dark clouds of cyclical depression away.  Sadness just can't stay when the world looks perfect.
And yet the world is not perfect.
Reading the headlines each day can be a source of frustration and sadness, a "downer" to start the day!  If there is any form of blue in the spirit it's really hard to spiral back up.
And then I turn to my faith.
Praise God that He can heal the spirit and bless the soul.  I've taken to pronouncing a blessing on my poor, tired, aging body whenever I sense the negative self talk coming (which I'm sure few are really immune from.)  It's really amazing to see the act of faith bringing the physical body back on track.
This seems to prove that God wants to interact with His children.  He cares for their minds, hearts and bodies.
I cannot begin to even list all the significant things going on for me lately.  Guests, scholarships being awarded, college acceptance for my oldest, sports activities, strange things occurring at night (Corgi out til 3....! Who let her out????) parties, tears, joys, and lots of AGAPE----in the Greek sense. 
I think my depression is partly weariness.  How glad I am that it's all good things making me tired!
Tomorrow I'm bringing 4 teenage boys up to the northern forests to play paintball and air soft (?) all day.  I'll be seeing very dear friends, one of whom is dying of ALS.  She is a wonderful witness to the patience and strength God can give in dealing with a terrible disease.
This is what God has for his own.  Triumph over evil.  Goodness in the weak.  Strength in the unexpected.  Hope and grace to face it all.

No comments: