"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, America

What a quiet Fourth for the Corgi Hollows clan.  No fireworks, no parade, no picnic or homemade ice cream.  The family was all split up at various locations.  Highly unusual, maybe the first such day in my memory.
I think it was inspiring to read this morning of young minds who seem to have solid Christian values, who are rising to lead the people of God in the narrow path.  That gives me the desire to celebrate.
James 1 says that real religion is taking care of the orphans and widows and keeping free of the smut of the world.  (Berkley)  Quite the task! 
I am planning on re-reading Bonhoeffer soon.  He's been mentioned much lately in regards to civil disobedience, and I think it's time to brush up on that.  Our allegiance is to Christ, in all things.  Inspiring!
I'm reading Isak Dinesen also.  I'm seeing parallels to Sigrid Undset's Kristen Lavransdatter.  I can see the connection of all these works in finding a path to serving God (as He has revealed to us) in the place he puts us.  Our times are in His hands. 
A new week is before us and new adventures.  With children who serve well it inspires me to see how their plans unfold and direct my paths too.

No comments: