"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, July 17, 2010

And some every day doings

Last evening we had "the" campfire with a hot dog roast and several friends enjoying s'mores, glorified rice and pasta salad.  The 10' swimming pool was in heavy use yesterday---it was 90* in the shade.   I expect we'll be using the pool much today as well.
Our son returned from a missions trip to the inner city and its diverse people groups.  He arrived this morning after 10 days away.  It will take a few days for him to cough up the experience verbally.  I'll have to make sure I'm within speaking distance from him so I don't miss anything! 
My other son is taking the ROTC PT test this morning at an armory.  Hoping he passes!  53 sit ups in 2 minutes, 42 push-ups in 2 minutes, and running 2 miles in ? .  We'll see how he does.  ROTC means 3 1/2 years of college tuition for him, so we have high hopes.
Misty Corgums is suffering from a hot spot on her neck and shedding profusely.  Poor little creature!  We are caring for her as best we can.
My brother is on a world tour promoting his business.  My thoughts are with him today, concerned about the state of the world and business, politics and events.  I'd loathe his burdens, but I will pray for him.  I guess someone has to make the business world go round.
We are invited to a Chinese dinner cooked by one of our former Chinese guests this evening.  Looking forward to that! 
Now to some long overdue cleaning.  The story of MY life!

1 comment:

Corgi Hollows said...

He passed the PT test with flying colors. :)