"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, July 12, 2010

Oh what a week can Be!

Just sitting here rejoicing at how wonderful God is, and how He can be such a generous and gentle Provider and leader.  I'm going to risk incongruity in this post and just let the thoughts flow.  After a whirlwind visit to a nice college all the doors burst open for my son  who just graduated from our home school.  I hope this can encourage other home schooling families in staying the course.
I had run into a few snafus, which I could easily see as closed opportunities, as the mother/teacher of my son, and I felt so discouraged at the rejection he had experienced.  Then one day this spring we chanced to visit a really nice college "up north" and the door began to ease open.
Now I can see the way God provides.  I had asked for a piece of bread, but God gave a steak dinner!
He will be given a stellar education, small class sizes, professors who acknowledge people of faith, wonderful musical opportunities, and a ROTC prof who is a fellow lover of Israel!  So many people in support of him, nurturing him, helping him to define who he is as a child of God.
The icing on the cake is that there are two employment opportunities open for him, for which he is perfectly qualified.  He should be able to manage both jobs!
Now we will see if it all pans out.  It is with thankful hearts that we proceed, knowing God's love for our son is even FAR greater than ours.  It is with joy that we can launch him to pursue the desires of his heart.

No comments: