"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July

I am sitting here alone with my black Lab at my feet, my cat at my back and the Corgi somewhere, probably watching the refrigerator. Her belly rules.

I am alone with these pets on this glorious Fourth!

I put out the flags, I am drinking my coffee and I thought I'd share a few more tidbits.

Life is about to change for us, I think. The job interview that my husband has tomorrow is in Iowa, and he will take it if offered it, and I am almost 98% positive it will be offered. This is my mind rushing ahead------You must weigh in options when you make decisions: Some things are never even considered, but when they are you must dream a little and picture the result, even if that never comes about!

 I am now "employed" by Primerica, learning financial consultation and getting licensed in mortgage sales and securities. This came about rather suddenly and since it was a viable option I went for it. I have no idea how this will affect our lives, but it is interesting for me to learn this business. The thing I love most about it is that it helps people to overcome debt, and I believe debt is really bad.  'Nough said.

IF we move to Iowa I leave three children in Minnesota. That is rather jarring to this mother of five, soon to lose three at once!

Options must be considered!

I have four children off to camp this week, the fifth is water-skiing with friends this morning (what a perfect day for that! No breeze, the lake must be glass)

My husband is in Iowa preparing for The Interview. He got to his 30th high school reunion the other night as well, and loved it. He is enjoying some time with his parents.

I am catching up this week: cleaning, sorting, filing, painting, doing laundry (that never goes away!) It is a little lonesome peace.

In a wind that blasted through here the other night an old oak went down at my childhood home. It was the "swing" tree, just outside my bedroom window. I don't need to say how much we all loved that tree. What a blessing, though------it was rotten at the base, and the wind took it northeast, away from the house and between two other mature trees. It could have been so bad, and instead it was orchestrated in its fall. My mother thanks the Lord.

The same wind hit the holiday parade my daughters and I were attending, two of my sons were walking the route selling pop. "Tornado!" someone screamed. Everyone scattered and trees went over, some uprooting. Report: No bad injuries.

It was kind of like a horror movie.

I drove the campers up to camp yesterday. Lake Mille Lacs was serene and blue, the fields and trees healthy green. All was quiet and peaceful. The calm after the storm.

I am hoping for some calm in my spirit after the storm of wonder we've had this past year. God has only blessed us, but it has been a trial in patience and mastering anxiety.
Again, nothing is settled, and perhaps my ideas will all be fiction, but I can't help some "forwards placing," Vorstellung. Another German word that fits so well here. Trying to get a handle on the possibility.

Is this exile of unemployment over?

No comments: