"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, December 12, 2011

French Final

Margaret is taking her first "final" today. It's in French class. I'm waiting for her call, so I can pick her up and take her for breakfast at McDonalds (a simple pleasure!). The final started at 7:30, which seems early to this night owl family.

I threw out the invitation to hostess a women's gathering on Thursday evening, so until then it will be high speed Christmas decorating and baking! So glad the kitchen is now a lean mean cooking machine! LOVE it!

The kids are still finding their way around it, though :)

Had the joy of a sweet luncheon with my gal cousins on Saturday. I am the youngest of eight girl cousins (I think Louisa May Alcott had something like that!). My eldest cousin is the same age as my dad, so we are a spread-out batch. Only six of us were there Saturday, plus a couple of cousins-in-law, and we had such fun. I think we are all genetically influenced in the humor department. We all laugh at the same things!  We had fun.

Finals and festivities and French. What an interesting December!

Another friend lost his job on Friday. I could only say----"God provides!"

If you have a friend in need right now, help them choose to be faith-full. Help them trust that God is the Provider. That He cares.

And reach out and help however you can!

We've been talking a lot about being salt and light lately, the implications thereof. In this dark world there is a need for Christ's light.

There's the call. Off to breakfast!

No comments: