"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lucia Buns

I made Lucia buns this morning because I am half Swedish, and it's fun to do it! The cardamom and saffron flavor is so delicious!

I used the bread maker, so I didn't have to work the dough by myself. I coated them with butter, egg and sugar, and popped them in the oven. They are "s" shaped with raisins in each circle.

I have the tree up and decorated, all the boxes back to storage, and the house looking rather presentable.

My husband and Cherie braved the wilds and cut our own tree this year. It is a Frazer fir, and very fresh. It may last through the month! We put (just) white lights on it. Over the years I've collected meaningful ornaments that are white, gold, silver, or glass/clear---so it looks like a tree of snow!

As we hung the ornaments we remarked that everyone's tree is so different, but each person has such a distinctive style! "Each to his own!" Certainly with Christmas trees that is true!

A few years back I got an artificial tree on an after-Christmas 90% off sale...and now we can have a colorful tree downstairs in the family room, too. The kids love that tree! Holiday splurges.


My son made Spritz today, Cherie made gingerbread. Margaret had two finals: psychology and math. She's done after tonight, and I am SO glad to share life with her again for a few weeks! My eldest son starts finals tomorrow. It's a birthday tomorrow----but we won't celebrate until the weekend. College students!


No comments: