"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Well, That's Different!

If you are a polite Minnesotan of Scandinavian descent you may use the above phrase when you are in a disagreeable situation. This diminishes its meaning when something really IS different.

Today, here in the frozen land of the North, I spotted two bluebirds. Really, that is DIFFERENT! I watch for their return every year, as a sign of Spring's arrival, but it seems to me they haven't just arrived----they must have never left!

It's quiet here today with just two young ones home. That's different too. We all need "down" time after the holiday melee.

Tonight is "Feed My Starving Children" night. Our church has a monthly slot to work filling packets to send to needy people around the world. I strongly recommend this organization. There is everything to like about it: low overhead, high volunteer participation, successful delivery to needy situations worldwide. I want to put in a strong "plug" for it, as it can also use financial support.


I'm plugging two other things this Christmas:

The Star

This is a plausible explanation of what the magi saw at the birth of Christ. Fantastic, convincing, and something to boost your faith.

180

This little film will touch your heart. It's taking YOUTUBE by storm, and it's a must-see.

Two issues near and dear to my own heart: life and evidence of God's work.

May you have a blessed New Year!

Draw nigh unto God, and He will draw nigh unto you!

1 comment:

Drew Gneiser said...

Thanks so much for coming to pack. As a staff member at FMSC, I appreciate hearing from volunteers who enjoy the experience and are passionate about serving. We hope to see you next month too!