"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blessings for Your New Year

January 1 is such a boundary.

Our bodies change little. Our circumstances rarely alter. But our thoughts often look ahead with wonder, fear, or anticipation.

Perhaps there is a wedding for you in 2012? A birth of a new child or a graduation?

I tend to mark my life up with these momentous events like most people.

And then come the things that you never waited for.

And these can be your greatest blessings, bringing unavoidable CHANGE.

We have a choice in making that outcome positive. I purpose to accept, with grace, those changes. I'd ask for prayer, and pray that for all of us. God's blessings are unlimited, and His love is boundlessly eternal. It is a constant in our changing lives.

I learned of the death of a dear friend yesterday. He was promoted to glory and no one wishes him back, but he is terribly missed. Change.

Reading Radical, by David Platt. I think his message is all about good change. May you experience Good Change in 2012.

God bless you!

No comments: