"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Too Much Caffeine

My husband found an old espresso pot at the Goodwill last weekend. He paid $2 for it. Usually our trips to Goodwill are for donation alone, but he found this little gem.

My son spent a few minutes on YouTube watching how to use it, and since has made some wonderful coffee for me to enjoy.

I think it's how I made it through the week, cleaning, baking, preparing for a ladies Bible study that met here this evening.

I tend to use lots of exclamation marks when I'm caffeinated. Life just seems so exciting!

So please pardon the hyper posts this time of year. I blame the caffeine. (And the sugar-high from the the Christmas cookie samples.)

Still lots of preparation to go, all fun, to be sure.

The Bible study was on Isaiah, and I was struck with how unpopular a message he had. Yet much of what he wrote predicts things yet to come. Unpopular things.

How compassionate of God to warn us through Isaiah of what our future holds. Heeding His warning will bring us everlasting peace. Guaranteed.

Now that is something to be excited about, and perhaps we could all try to exhibit a heightened concern for people who really don't know God.

Something to ponder on coffee break tomorrow.

No comments: