"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Encouragement Needed

All for good things here.

I started my process for securities licensing this morning. I will have to take a test before too long, just as I had to for my insurance exam. Lots to learn in a short time.

My niece was chosen for a fashion design program. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.  I hope she does well. Sounds like a fun prospect for her.

As a dutiful Republican I attended the Minnesota caucus last evening. I had to hold my nose (practically) in voting in the straw poll.

Last time I voted for John McCain, and we all know where that went. I voted for Rick Santorum with the rest of the Midwestern Republicans. Hope my choice does better this election.

Previous caucuses had a rah-rah spirit of excitement. This one was different. It seemed the participants were a little shell-shocked. There was an attitude of desperation in the room. No one smiled. No one laughed. For conservatives from this area that's unusual.

I definitely sense the need for encouragement in people these days.

Jesus is everything. He is the ONLY hope we have. We operate out of love for Him, and trust in Him.

I put no hope in politics (though I do participate!) I put no hope in this life.

Once we get our encouragement from our supernatural source of life we never need waver, and we can muddle through life's troubles with light at the end.

After last year, and the day-in, day-out stress of wonder regarding our future plans, I can surely say, that one must find the source of Encouragement to be encouraged.

Keep looking to Him.

Courage!

No comments: