"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, February 20, 2012

Great Weekend!

Just basking in the memory of a wonderful weekend.

I'd like to remember it for awhile, as so many good things happened!

It's always wonderful when your kids are happy with their lives, and that seemed to be the theme of the weekend.

It was topped off with supper at Grandpa and Grandma's house, the dogs getting their favorite outing. Chicken chili was on the menu. Delicious! (And fresh hot rolls)

Before that we enjoyed a concert by Hans Uwe Hielscher at the community church in Wayzata. He has been the resident organist at the Marktkirche in Wiesbaden since 1979, so yes, I was familiar with him from my Wiesbaden days! What a kind man, ueber talented, and a joy to hear play the pipe organ here in Minnesota.

When we talked about my son going to Wiesbaden in the fall he was so begeistert! (Enthusiastic) Very welcoming.

On Saturday my daughter helped to hostess her very first baby shower for her friend's mom who is expecting soon. It was lovely, from all accounts that I heard.  I think there were 30 people there! Pretty good!

Also on Saturday was a special all-day event for young people who are interested in pipe organs. Again, the extent of being able to participate in such a fantastic program so effortlessly in this locale astounds me!  My pipe organ loving son was thrilled with the entire day! Two sessions on two pipe organs (same church), a session with the builder of the big sanctuary organ, demonstrations of said instruments and other keyboards, and general information on pipe organs and the love of them!

It was fun to be with people of like mind, too.

It was free. No cost. :) I'll let you know when it's about to happen next year.

For me the highlight was hearing my son play a Scott Joplin rag on the big organ, helped out by Mr. Michael Barone (Pipedreams) with the stops and pedals. FUN! He's had a smile on his face ever since!

I had a red-letter day on Friday. It had to do with music. Enough said. I've been smiling ever since, too. I have a wonderful heavenly Father.

I know the world seems like it's falling apart in other places. I know that several people here have the flu. One friend is recovering from Quintuple bypass and new heart valve surgery (!) but doing well.

There have been deaths, pneumonia, hard class assignments.

So it's nice to have such a great clump of days once in awhile.

It's snowing here for once this winter. I guess we'll get it now that February is almost over. The buds on the lilacs are already showing. The x-country skis are still in the foyer, so they are ready to use tomorrow.

I'm off to do laundry. Lots to catch up on after our busyness. Here's hoping you, my readers, have a wonderful clump of days this week! God bless.

No comments: