"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Volcanic Vent

I haven't written for a few days because I'm reading stuff, and having coffee with good friends.

My reading list:

"The Beautiful Side of Evil," by Johanna Michaelson

"The Creature from Jekyll Island," Griffeth

"Buried Alive," Jack Cuozzo

"National Geographic," (current)  (Aren't those Romanians interesting?!)

The Holy Bible

"Ephesians" -an inductive study

Of course I'm reading all the stuff on the web about politics, hurricanes, and the Minnesota State Fair.

I also watched the movie, "2016 Obama's America," last Friday, and tonight I plan to see "Agenda" with good friends.

Oh, and school ramped up for my eldest three, the younger two some too. We plan to start our math curriculum "whole hog" next week. (I like fair analogies. Our Minnesota State Fair is in full swing right now, and we spent the day on Saturday)

I just met with friends who all think (like I do) that time is short.

It seems the signs are indicating that Our Lord Jesus, our Savior, is soon to be arriving!

Does your heart quake at that, or sigh?

I confess that mine does both.

What if He doesn't come for decades? Would that change my behavior?

Probably not. I still tremble with awe that I may be caught up to be with Him, transformed. I still long for a world wide solution to the blind insanity that humankind seems bent to.

I still plod along daily, waiting, watching, living.

I am ever more mindful of the evil darkness closing in on believers. Will we stand fast? Will we bend? Will we listen to his cunning lies, believing half-truths, partial truths, blatant falsehoods?

Will I listen to and feed my flesh, or my spirit?

It's a daily choice everyone must make.

Choose to feed your spirit. It lasts forever.

No comments: