"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's up at Corgi Hollows?

Impromptu family reunions, a trip to see Betsy-Tacy memorabilia (Mankato), introducing special people to other special people, coffee times with friends, embroidering and painting, dog-sitting, dog bathing, dog loving, dog entertaining, campfires, watching the Olympics, and preparing for attending two weddings.

I should mention that five children have schedules that must be accommodated as well.

I've been thinking about weddings and marriage quite a bit lately.  I jotted down some ideas in my journal, and soon I'd like to share.

Since the thoughts of my own offspring are now turning to romance and inklings of future commitments I thought it would be ideal to have some of those rather unsought misunderstandings that inevitably occur during family meldings parried as much as possible.

(Have you been watching fencing at the Olympics? I have missed the TV coverage, but I fenced in college, in Germany, and in Louisiana at Fort Polk, so I LOVE IT, and I love the terminology as well!)

Deflecting conflict only goes so far, but it's nice to assess your differences at the outset!

And it shouldn't be thought of as a battle, but a "match." We must work through this.

Stay tuned for exciting times ahead!

No comments: