"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Inspired

Some of you have heard of the online magazine called "Pinterest."

I avoided it for awhile, but I can say that the quick access to so many good ideas has really invigorated our home life!

So, we've been discussing and implementing a few things around here.

We happen to have frequent house guests, so it has been challenge to turn a 3 bedroom split level into a bed and breakfast for families AND the seven occupants....+ 2 dogs, 2 cats, fish, etc.

In winter we are all pretty much confined indoors, so our large yard just looks pretty from the windows!

But we love it when we have visitors.

Because our lives are so continually BUSY we sometimes lack the energy to take on new projects-----but we do.

We can be unwise. We bite off more than we can chew.

With growing children and changing needs we plow ahead to make things work better or differently. Life is not static at this house!

(So glad God doesn't change!)

So we are in the middle of a grand game of "Musical Bedrooms, New Floors, and Workable Living Space!" 

I have begun to downsize my home-school and public school curriculum collection. I am a children's literature nut, so my collection is amazing. I'm even parting with some of that! (Ask me if you want something---I probably have it!!)

Along with this is the constant realization that life is SHORT, and we must SEIZE THE MOMENT!

Who knows who'll come to visit THIS weekend?

I'm making cornbread from a Pinterest recipe right now. With our own honey---- Yum. I think I'll try the cinnamon roll waffles on Saturday morning.  Such wonderful convenience and inspiration!

More fun, for sure.

No comments: