"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Finger Prying

I have a heavy heart tonight. Lots of reasons.

It seems incongruous with my fun and upbeat weekend of celebration with my mother, who just turned a decade older----with my own extended family.

But I do feel down.

Illness continues to plague. World events seem so depressing. I continue to fail in my own ways, needing forgiveness.

I wonder if the Lord is trying to pry my fingers off of this life like never before.

When circumstances seem daunting, and life becomes burdensome-----isn't that only one more reason to let go of our "treasures" here, and "lay up treasures in heaven?"

Like any human, gifted with everything needed to sustain life on the this planet, I cling to life! I cling to things that I value, that have become precious. I cling to people who I care about, yet they seem not to care about the life to come.

The one in heaven.

It's a lesson in letting go.

How great the Father's love for us! Such a hope for our future. We have so much to anticipate!

It's time to look up, with hope.

The earth, like a garment, is worn out and discarded. (That's from the prophetic writings of Isaiah, 51, verse 6)  Those who believe in Christ Jesus, and have put their hope and faith in Him, repenting from sin, have every hope of new life with Him.

I need that hope today, as my Savior pries my clenched fingers from this old world.

Let Him pry yours, too.

No comments: