"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, November 27, 2013



                                 I wish you a joyful day of thanks and fellowship.



There have been moments of incredible happiness this fall.

I thank the Lord for His generous provision:  a job for my husband, children able to go to college, darling daughters-in-law, lavish and abundant supplies, and probably the greatest earthly treasure: time.

Time has been the gift God has given me this fall.  Yes, it has seemed hectic and rushed, weddings and concerts, parties and events.

But I have been forced to take time, through the onset of  Ed's illness, to cut back, strip away the distractions, to hearken to the most important things. I've had time.

For those of you who regularly read this blog I'm ready to share some of the difficulties we've had, and through that dark path, the joy and thankfulness of knowing God's presence.

It was in September when Ed had a break down, which ended with a diagnosis of bi-polar disorder.

It was to a very small and very close circle of friends that we turned to weather the storm of coping with it all.  Uncharted waters. We found ourselves with little sleep, grave concern, weeping, numbness, and then it became a time of "fortressing."

It's my word now. When darkness hits I turn to the bricks and mortar, to build a wall to fend off any new attacks, and within those walls I begged my God, the Creator, who can do anything, to HELP ME!

Fortressing is focusing on the present needs and the Presence needed.

I'm telling you, had we not a strong trust in God's strength and over-arching plan, a knowledge of His love for us all, a bright outcome----no matter what----because of our faith, life would have been unbearable.

We're not out of the woods yet, but we have found a path that is leading toward stability.

No, there is no cure.

There is simply the assurance that God is in charge of our lives; messed up, broken, diseased, failures, dismal and frustrating. But not hopeless.

"Our hope is in the LORD, who gave Himself for me.
For me He died. For me He lives.
An everlasting light and life he freely gives."
                                                            ---------old hymn

So it is with happy thanksgiving that we celebrate God's faithfulness this year. And you should too.

If God is sustaining your life right now you are probably about to see His salvation in a way no other generation has ever seen-----His fetching of His Bride. No matter how dire your circumstances, when you have God, all else pales in comparison to His provision. God cares. He's coming. He provides.

Be thankful.                                                                                                                                                             

No comments: