"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, December 20, 2013

Blessings Inventory

Really, by now I've learned that when the going gets tough.....you count your blessings.

There is a lot going on around here. I seem to have met my impasse on Christmas preparations, but they ARE happening. I'm just really poky this year. For those of you that usually get a proper Christmas card from us, you may have to wait until after Christmas!!

I am sure enjoying the cards coming every day. So many wonderful things in your lives! It's lovely to see the photos and read the news. Blessings.

This year we've been blessed with being a part of an organics buying club. I can't tell you how much good it has been doing in our family, helping us to replace GMO food with a more plant-based diet. The added produce has been wonderful for our family diet. Yesterday Ed ate TWO heads of fresh, cooked broccoli. Exactly what he needs----green leafy vegetables!

Added time with my Ed. This fall I've been with Ed pretty much constantly. His condition requires ongoing surveillance, so I've been the one to do it. Yes I get tired. I'm an introvert and I value my time alone, but Ed is a joy to be with most of the time. I'm thankful for this task. I love him.

Those of you who have been reading this blog for several years now remember the pain of joblessness that we endured. I continue to thank God for my husband's new and wonderful job---with meetings in Indiana several times a year---that we can accompany him on if we like.....

Home schooling. It is simply a blessing. With the medical needs of this fall, the doctors and we agree that keeping Ed home has been a true Godsend. Cherie has been able to pursue her own course, and we've loved being a part of the older college students' schedules too. What a blessing!

Music. I've kept you up on so many of our musical pursuits this fall. It's been SO enriching. We love music, we love making music. What a blessing and joy to have music.

Family. You know it is GROWING! Wedding in two weeks! I thank God. Blessings.

I'm off to a Christmas party right now with friends. They are the most lovely and wonderful blessing of this year. God has given me friends. I can't imagine anyone in the Universe with friends as nice as mine.

Blessings.

Happy Christmas. 

No comments: