"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Concerts

I was moved by the Concordia Christmas concert.

What a glorious message! Christ come soon.

"Before the Marvel of This Night" was the title of the concert, the theme was Christ's return, a plea for Him to come SOON.

Loved it.

Each piece was beautifully performed. The concert at Orchestra Hall had a more forgiving resonance. The one at the Fargo Civic Center was a "deader" sound, yet really perfectly executed, absolutely necessary in such a sound condition.

I had favorites, both of them done by the Chapel Choir, in which my son sings----the In Dulci Jubilo by Matthew Culloton was charming! ---and "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" (also sung by EmmyLou Harris) was brilliant.

Noteworthy was the arrangement of "Love Divine" by the two women's chorales.

Rene Clausen deserves every laudatory praise for his work on this concert. His composition arrangements were wonderful. I was completely drawn in by the whole concert-----it touched me deeply.

Also this weekend we sang "The Messiah," by George Friedrich Handel, with the Minnesota Chorale. It was a "sing along." This event was at St. Olaf Catholic Church in Minneapolis on Sunday.

Ed loved it. He has since listened to two different versions on Youtube. I remember loving the "Messiah" ever since I heard it the first time at Bethany Fellowship in Bloomington when I was about 10 years old. I hope Ed loves it his whole life as well.

Ed continues to struggle with depression and its opposite. We live every day, not sure how it will turn out.

"Give us THIS DAY our daily........"

It has new meaning for us all.

The newlyweds in Moorhead are cozy and lovingly housed. It was a treat to see their apartment and drink tea. Icy roads prevented our immediate return, so we enjoyed a night's stay in a warm hotel in Fargo before heading back.

This is a brutal winter. It was 9 degrees below zero F that night!

Today Margaret took Cherie and Ed sledding. My Margaret is a wonder. Her finals are complete, and she is loving life. Her generous spirit blesses everyone who knows her. I must sing her praise :)!

Christmas shopping is pretty much done. Now I must tackle the mounds of presents I've gathered and wrap them. (I really dislike wrapping presents!) But I can do it....! Encouragement needed...

And now it's haste to the wedding.....

No comments: