"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Birthday of Christ

As a believer, I love to celebrate anything that has to do with my faith. As I've grown older I've learned the discrepancies between actual dates and the Gregorian calendar/pseudo Christian celebrations---yet it does not deter me from the festive nature of this time of year.

No, Jesus wasn't born around the solstice. Since we may not know the exact date of His birth, we can use this dark time of year as a setting for the Light of the world to come.

That's what I celebrate.

Jesus came. He was born as a little baby boy.

'Prepare me one body. Prepare me one body like man. I'll go down, I'll go down. Prepare me one body like man----I'll go down and die.'---Old Spiritual

God prepared Himself a body like man. He became man.

So mankind could know Him, understand Him, love Him, and believe on Him.

How can an ant understand human beings? How can humans understand God?

God became antlike-----man, so we could know.

That is the message of this holiday. I celebrate what I know about God, but I can only imagine everything I don't know.

Give grace this Christmas. Be patient with those who aren't on the same level as you are spiritually, whether closer to God or further from Him. Be loving. Be grateful.

Be light. Time is so short!

Think about reading through the Word of God this upcoming year. I always think of my New Year's Resolutions this week between Christmas and New Years.  Reading the Bible through is a great resolution!
It's so much more fun and worthwhile than the same old "lose weight" resolution (which I make every year, too :)).

Get healthy, spiritually as well as physically.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: