"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, November 3, 2014

All Ready

I spent the day preparing for the week.

Ed has a spinal tap tomorrow morning, followed by his 3rd week of chemotherapy in the hospital. My husband is going to be with him tomorrow, as I am an election judge.

He took off work so I could do my civic duty.

I don't have the best attitude about it, but I can be there.

So, today was grocery shopping, finding foods that we can eat cheaply in the hospital. Hospital food isn't too expensive, but it does add up. Sometimes a juice and protein bar from home are totally sufficient.

 My husband had a whirlwind trip to Washington this past weekend. Our oldest son and his wife left for their new life near Seattle two weeks ago (already!). After they left my husband fixed up the car they'd left here for selling...and now it works so great they decided they really could use it!

So at 6 o'clock on Friday evening my husband left Minneapolis, driving that old car, steadily heading westward on the interstate. He reached Washington on Saturday, around 9:30pm.

That is quite a drive! All across Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, and the small arm of Idaho! And all of Washington...! He stayed the night at both Bismark and Mt. Moses, reaching our kids in time to attend church with them Sunday.

All went well, but he returned via air this morning somewhat worn out and feeling sick.

Cheri is also on the end of a cough. We're hoping for no viruses as the week progresses! At the hospital masks must be worn when there is cough, sore throat, or flu symptoms. The winter policy is that no children under age 5 may visit patients.

If you are older than five we welcome your visit.

Ed is doing well. We had a quiet weekend here at home. It was time to recharge for this upcoming busy week.

In a few minutes the home health nurse will be here to "access" Ed for the IV fluids administered here at home in preparation for the chemotherapy tomorrow. A needle will be inserted into his port near his neck. He'll wear a backpack with a small pump and a bag of "lactated ringers" to his Trail Life event tonight.
Monday nights he has his club meeting. This is the 3rd time he's had to do this, and the other boys seem to be okay with that. It makes only a small little breathing noise.

Let's hope and pray all goes as it should this week. Thank you for your prayers!

Oh, and the image above? My friend gave me the lovely roses. Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate 25 years of marriage. It's the "silver" anniversary, and my gracious aunt gave me my Grandmother's silver service. I'm displaying it in honor of our wedding anniversary. Twenty-five years ago I married my own genius. Still going strong!

My son and his wife in their new rainy home of Washington:
 

No comments: