"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Glad For Today

It's Reformation Day.

Though someone who claims to be non-denominational, I do have a gratefulness to Martin Luther. The Reformation gave rise to Biblical literacy, and though that suffers today in these end times, the Bible is still our plumb line for life and the Word of God.

Today I'm glad Hallowe'en is over. As I age I feel more and more uncomfortable with this pagan display. I grieve over the evil costumes and gory images.

There's enough gore in the world---especially this year---with ISIS beheadings, burnings, and crucifixions.

We certainly don't need to degenerate into a celebration of evil.

I feel like I've been laying low for weeks now, just avoiding the cultural ish.

We also have Kiwi, our wonderful black cat, whom I do not let outdoors for weeks leading up to Oct. 31. I do not fear pagans, but I do know there is a danger for innocent dumb animals regarding pagan sacrifice.

There is a danger for humans as well. They are like dumb sheep regarding evil.

Really.

The Bible teaches that God is good, love, a person, the creator.

There is also the devil, the force of evil. The devil has many followers, and the earth is his kingdom for now.

Anything not of God is evil. The "neutral" ground is pretty scarce.

Even the animal kingdom is affected by evil.

As the days get shorter, both literally and figuratively, we would be better serving ourselves to cleansing and purifying our lives.

Let the evil practices go.

Follow Christ, and eschew evil, be they pagan, satanic, or humanistic.

It's a good path.

No comments: