"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, November 10, 2014

Steve Saint---And Thoughts

http://youtu.be/8DMoLPVZ5O8

Please take a second to watch this youtube clip.

Steve Saint is quite a guy.  My late sister-in-law, Susan Heche Bergman, wrote a book entitled "Martyrs" about 20 years ago. The chapter that Steve Saint contributed about the death of his dad and other missionaries in South America is one of the most moving and powerful chapters.

I, too, suffered a broken back, when I was 17 years old. I was thrown from our frisky horse, Sheik. Many times I've wondered how life would be if I'd ended up like Christopher Reeve. Steve Saint's injury did much more damage than mine did.

I love how he said "injury," not "accident."

After reading the book "Miracles" by Eric Metaxas this weekend I've thought of all the miracles in my own life.

Too many to list. I began blogging to record the common occurrence of them for me.

I'm not looking for any, but I see them daily. I love to read about them and experience them.

As you can see from all the posts today, this blizzard is good for writing. It's also good for cooking. I'm about to make quick breads and apple pie.

Ed is suffering a bad headache today. I've called the clinic for advice, but with the weather they discouraged our traveling to the clinic. We're laying low and watching for any change in symptoms.

Let's pray we don't have to go to the clinic in this. Pray his headache abates. Thank you!

No comments: