"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, we are thankful.

We know that our Lord has everything in His hands, under control.

To someone who doesn't know what it really is to be a follower of Christ it must be confusing to see our fervent and single-minded devotion to the Way.

I sense that in non-believers. They just don't get it.

They must think we under some massive delusion, some crazy notion that denies their unspiritual existence.

Well, when you've experienced Christ, you are never the same.

I had the joy of knowing Christ as a very young child. I can hardly fathom what it is like to live without Him, facing the struggles and troubles of life.

Ed's cancer has been hard. I wish it on no one else, but the sad reality is that it IS in people's lives. Many people. But how do they face it without the hope our Savior gives?

How do they walk that horrid path without the strength from the Holy Spirit, the abiding joy that all of us believers know?

So today, in this week of Thanksgiving, I am grateful. I'm thankful.

I'm thankful to God that He is so good, so loving, so merciful to save wretched and rebellious human beings from eternal fire. I'm thankful that He saved me.

Thank you, LORD!

No comments: