"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Delusions

It is a fact that when I have engaged in a social media discussion on anything that divides opinion I put myself in the line of fire.
It's fact that I try to argue ideas without insulting my opponents, that I encourage them to find sources of information they haven't tried.
It's fact that my opponents resort to some form of insult before they check out of the discussion too.
I am thick skinned, but rudeness speaks volumes.
Here's some advice for my ideological opponents:
When you resort to insult or rudeness you have lost your argument. Try to politely excuse yourself from the conversation rather than firing a stinging remark.
You only make me sorry for you, that you cannot come up with an intelligent response to my statements or questions.
Life is short. It is too short to be bitter about people who hold opposite views from yourself.
Debate requires give and take.
When you mock or howl with laughter you have lost the game.
Your insecurity is manifest, and you need to realize that you have worth, worth enough, to follow your arguments wherever they lead, be they false or true.
Be willing see the other side!
Find your plumb-line of truth and test it constantly.
But don't be rude.
It isn't nice.

No comments: