"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Wolsfeld Woods

For years our family read the St Paul Pioneer Press, and in the "social media" section there was a place for readers to share life vignettes.
There was inside talk, ways to label certain kinds of stories and jokes.
One type of story was termed a Baader-Meinhof. This had little to do with the terrorist organization except that the first instance of this type of story regarded the infamous terrorists.
A Baader-Meinhof is hearing about something new, that you've never heard about ever before and soon after in a completely different context you hear about it again!
Well, it truly happened to me last night, and since it may have merit to some of you I'm going to tell my Baader-Meinhof!
On Saturday evening our friends came over for dinner. She and he have been my friends since I was in grade school. Now they live just about 3 miles away.
She mentioned hiking with her grandson in a beautiful woods nearby. "Wolsfeld Woods" is a gorgeous stand of virgin timber, and it stands behind the church in which I had piano recitals growing up!
It sounded intriguing to me, and truly, I had no clue the public woodland was there!
Last night I opened up the "Minnesota Conservation Volunteer" which came yesterday and started paging through it. I came to an article about a woods. It sounded very familiar!
Yes, it was about Wolsfeld Woods!
I think it's fated that I encounter this lovely place!
Soon!
And now I've had my own real Baader-Meinhof.

No comments: