"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

It's Darker

No, it's not just the season of haunts and spirits, the fall of the year, the political process.

There's something dark growing on the horizon of our lives,  and I can feel it.

As a believer I am giving my fears to God every morning. His mercies are new each day, and His strength is enough.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Perhaps my choices haven't been so cheerful, but I'm learning about Barack Obama, Churchill, Robespierre, Hillary, Trump, and Joy Davidman.

None of these people are uplifting to me.

My mom is reading the book about Davidman, "Joy." It's a shocking exposé of a narcissist. Mom is summarizing for me.

People are sinners.

My prayer each morning this week has been for forgiveness. My wayward heart needs its daily cleanse.

It's dark.

We can turn on the spotlight and examine these lives, but it only pivots the beam into ourselves. 

Where have I gone wrong?

I'm no better. Just forgiven.

My heart turns toward Jesus and our meeting Him. That is my joy, my mainstay, my compass for getting through this darknes.

Maranatha

No comments: