"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Note of Sympathy and Hope

Eight years ago Obama won the election.

It was blow for conservatives,  but they all grit their teeth and suffered the crazy developments ever since.

The skyrocketing debt, the moral decline, the terrible resurgence of race issues,  the health care debacle, abortion horrors, the ISIS insanity, terror, and general uncertainty.

People have short memories. Their god is their belly, and we have a generation of narcissists settling for that which serves themselves best.

I include myself. I'm a selfish sinner too.

We are all sinners.

I sense a panic among liberals lately. They are feeling our pain and fear of a leader who completely disagrees with us. The pain is real, and so is the fear. I get it!

But take heart! You'll survive as well as I did. Probably. Well, maybe. Obama isn't supposed to be in office much longer. I know, we never thought we'd survive his first presidency,  let alone his second! Congratulations!  We did survive, so far!

These political defeats reorient our philosophies and help us question our presuppositions.  Persecution is great for someone who believes in God's Word.  It's a refining process.

So count it all joy, brethren.

Trust Jesus.

No comments: