"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Alternate Universes

A few years ago I was privy to a conversation that became an all-out attack on conservatives,  Sarah Palin in particular. I said nothing in her defense (wouldn't be prudent) but I stored the malice and scorn in my thoughts.

As I walked away, contemplating the remarks, I was struck with the realization that I lived in a different  world from these people---a different UNIVERSE.

Our whole frame of reference was poles apart.

We could no more understand each other than if we were speaking Chinese and Spanish, Arabic and Swedish.

It was then I lost all hope in humanity and rightfully placed all of my trust in God ALONE.

So it was a good thing.

I grieve for mankind and its lostness. I've renewed my commitment to tell the Gospel story, for that IS  the truth. I've opened my mind to seeing Lucifer's conspiracy to bring about the end times.

And it's fascinating. And it all fits. And it makes sense.

Few other things seem to make sense these days.

So, as the Clintons fall, Trump rises, the economy's false bubble bursts, and Satan has his heyday ---- I will be serene.

I have no worries.  My hope has been firmly locked in Jesus.

His grace is sufficient.

I'm enjoying the ride.

No comments: