"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I'm Back

My generous husband gifted me early with a "Chrome Book" this Christmas season. It's exactly what I needed in a technical device, but I'm still getting used to it.

It is NOT a tablet, nor a phone, so I have a real keyboard, and a big screen!

Yay!

I can actually type again!

It still needs to become my feeling, and that will take time. Do you know what I mean? I can't figure out how to cut and paste and share any links yet, but that should come.

My chief technical geek, Ed, is busy prepping for his last two finals. After these I can infringe on his time to help me out with my own technology.

But I can write again. And people who don't write can't quite understand the urge we writers have to express. It's part of our nature. We talk about things.

Have you seen "Sense and Sensibility?"
The one with Emma Thompson?

It would make a nice holiday movie night. We quote this film often at our house.

Very quotable quotes.

I am quietly checking off items on my lists. I have multiple lists that I operate from. They include everything from dinner ideas to major needs like repairing the roof. It's been a mild fall weather-wise, which has helped the outside projects become completed in a fashion not yet known to Corgi Hollows.

I'm still in shock/grief/denial about Misty and her death.

There is not a happy Corgi face to greet us every time we look up.

Blackberry still mourns. She goes out and howls to the North several times each night. We all miss her quick little patter and warm furry presence.

I still can't believe she's gone.

There is a darling Corgi puppy across the field from us, and she visited us (serendipitously)  two days after we lost Misty. She was full of life and cuteness and it just had to give me peace that God is indeed in charge of our days, and the days of our loved ones, which include pets.

I totally believe that God cares.

I still cry.

Cold, cold temperatures have hit our Minnesota landscape this week. It's below zero, and my fingers get numb bringing in the wood for the fireplace. We keep a fire burning all day. The furnace is set low, and we use the fireplace wherever we are reading or sitting. Cozy.

There are four winters' worth of wood in the newly furbished shed. My husband is SO happy about that. I am grateful to my parents-in-law for their ceaseless help in splitting the wood and getting us snug for the cold temperatures. Country living is lots of work!

My parents are also happy for children and grandchildren next door to them, eager to run over and help set up a Christmas tree or prep for an event. It's such a good thing.

I sound like Martha Stewart, but really, good things are all about living well.

There are some concerns, the things that wake you in the middle of the night, that dog your mind and thoughts and tense your neck muscles. We do have trouble.

But I am daily reminded about God's provision. He cares about these things MORE THAN I DO!

I'm responsible to be a good steward, to have a clean heart and conscience before Him, but He has promised to do the rest.

Lessons we must learn over and over. It never stops.

I think I will be starting to substitute teach after the holidays. I don't look forward to it, but financially I'm going to have to start helping out. Moving to this place has added a financial burden that is too heavy. So many things that have needed attention and fixing, broken pumps, sheds, driveways, equipment to manage this land---it just doesn't stop.

Cherie has her grandparents next door to keep track of her school days, they are part of the home-schooling team, but she is so far ahead in school that it is unnecessary to worry about her. Subbing leaves the flexibility to schedule homeschooling activities in.

So, I'm off. Hoping for a possibility of being hired by a nearby school district. Please pray with me.

Ed will have the spring semester at the community college, but we are scheduling his knee operation for early June, leaving maximum recovery time. The first knee can be done then, the other one later. It's hard to make these decisions.

He had a spinal tap on Friday with his favorite doctor, and it went very well. I'm in awe of how well his recovery is going, and attribute it rightly to a great medical team----AND GOD!

God is good, all the time. He provides, heals, helps, gives, leads, directs, calms, empowers. He is everything I need, until my last breath.

Margaret is traveling in Europe with a dear friend, visiting dear friends. We are happy for her, but sorely miss her beautiful face this Christmas season. God has so blessed us with our children. They are all so precious and wonderful. God is so good.

God has blessed us with amazing friends, too. I thank the LORD for each one. Amazing relationships, amazing friendships. I thank God for you.

I hope to still get presents wrapped, cookies baked, CARDS SENT OUT!

Plus feasts to prepare, and snow to shovel.

I'd like to get my skis out. The snow is about six inches deep and pure fluff. It's glistening gorgeous.

That was the news. I wrote a Christmas letter. If you want to have me send it to you please email me at Corgihollows@gmail.com.

I have some of you in my Rolodex. I hope to reconnect with you after  several years!

I'll be writing again----SOON!
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: