"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, December 30, 2016

Happy New Year

How quickly life can change!

Today I have two new jobs, substitute teaching and working at the local deli!

I'm still a home-school mom and a housewife, the mother of five and grandmother of one! Daughter, aunt, sister---in-law!

I'm still a flautist, pianist, organist, guitarist, and singer---artist and writer.

We just needed a bit more income to handle this new life with a new home and a son with cancer.

So this will be quite a new year.

I hope I can handle it, but we'll see. Life changes can be good, inspiring, helpful. We can get into ruts, we can struggle with bad habits! Sometimes a big shake-up can be just the trigger for new and improved routines!

I'm also a cousin, and one of mine passed away on Christmas day. So sad. We were never close, but it is remarkable how much we shared. Life is so fleeting, so unexpected. Treasure each day, and be sure you have your eternity completely SURE.

My cousin did. He was a believer in Jesus Christ. He called Him LORD.


The Christmas stuff is put away for next year. I reflect on this past week with sweetness.
We really had wonderful fellowship with friends and family. Blessings.

I wish you, dear friend, a very blessed 2017. I hope it is the year our LORD comes back to get us!
Maranatha! Maranatha!

We have everything to hope for, look forward to, expect. God is so good.

No comments: