"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Absence

I haven't been writing much, but my brain keeps working. I've got more in it than I had a month ago!

Teaching school has been a daily occurrence. Working at the deli has been educational.

Margaret is home, and she has learned the deli job, so we are sharing the time shifts that I'd had since January. This is much to my preference. I really was working too much.

In all, I've felt absent. Absent from home, absent from Corgi Hollows, absent from many issues that I've had. Even absent from Ed's health struggles, though we've made every appointment and continued protocol.

Perhaps it was a good break from those things. One always appreciates things more when there has been distance.

Sadly, I can see how we humans spiral into robotic productivity when we do not take time to reflect.

Some read books.

Some write.

Some create music.

It's a dilemma.

Do we take the absence from the daily grind, or the daily importance? ---The things that really matter.

I'm finding out.

I'm more driven. I squeeze things into hours that I'd taken weeks to accomplish. I force myself to produce, to plan. That's good.

Yet I wonder how much more I could be doing.

We can't rest. We have such a short time left! When time ceases we will have our rest, but now we count the seconds and redeem the time.

It's exciting.

I've been able to follow some thinkers addressing the creationist movement, and I see the cracks in the Darwinian paradigm. I think atheists are seeing them too. Their arguments are faltering. Perhaps God is getting through to some hard-core rationalists! It's a last ditch effort to convict them before the Tribulation begins.

The new documentary "IS Genesis History?" arrived at Corgi Hollows yesterday. We watched it this morning. Second time, for me. I recommend. It's a comprehensive look at science and a reasonable argument for a young earth. It's very well-done, and difficult to refute!

God is so good.
I've been amazed at His blessings.
MARANATHA!

No comments: