"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, January 26, 2018

Home Things

I am home today.

So is Ed. He and Cherie both tested positive for Influenza A yesterday. Cherie takes it in stride, but Ed has succumbed to the bug, and he's pretty much out for the count.

I'm keeping fire burning and supplying liquids and chicken soup.

Ed is still fragile, so of course I am concerned. I was somewhat reassured when the oncologist told me his platelet levels, though low, were not dangerous for fighting flu.

Thank the LORD.

I know that each one of you is battling something right now. The sun may be shining, but each of you has pain, illness, or emotional heartache at this very moment! Something is bothering you.

It's like that in America 2018.


For some of you it's Donald Trump. For others it is the FBI/Hilary Clinton scandal. I've been riveted to the reports like you these past few days. What in the world is going on?

Texts and memos lost? Secret Society aspirations? Collusion? Law breakers? Compromise? Spying? Classified information revealed? Memos---?

Are you even paying attention?
There are so many voices out there trying to make sense of it all it's overwhelming! This is one time when you absolutely need a worldview fortress to harbor any information about anything!

You need a grid to filter the craziness.

I'm thankful for my solid, 100% foolproof grid-----my faith in Christ Jesus.

Everything pans out, sorts out, figures out.

God is in control all the time, even when it doesn't appear so.

That is the foundation of my grid.

It's golden, and solid.
Jesus wins, the devil loses, and we have a choice to make about believing God or the lies of Satan.

It's so achingly simple.

And that is what messes up the "intellectuals" of our world. They just can't bring themselves to believe something where "Common Sense Not Needed" is a valid option.

That's a book by Corrie Ten Boom, and I recommend it. It's on Kindle.
I recommend anything by Corrie Ten Boom.

You'd be surprised at my current reading stack. I've skimmed through "Adorned," by Nancy Wolgemuth, I'm reading "Demolishing Contradictions" by Ken Ham and Bodie Hodge. "The Lincoln Del Cookbook" which uncovered a rather sordid side to our favorite restaurant of my childhood---but many memorable recipes too! I'm reading books on marriage, emotions, and the New Age. I'm still slowly working through the Darwin book by Ian Taylor. That is a goldmine of perspective and information. It's like a textbook, only better.

I just bought my favorite Runestone book by Thomas Reiersgord. I love reading about history, and this book is fantastic.

Cherie and I are learning about Mary Queen of Scots lately. Eye-opening.

People are sinners. Newsflash!

At least we have the option to surrender to Jesus Christ, asking for His forgiveness and trusting Him for His eternal salvation. That is a relief!


Well, with all this reading, all this cleaning, all this caring for the sick---I'd better sign off. I've never had a moment of boredom in my life. Seriously. Lately I feel like time is fleeting, and my goals of art and writing, projects and Must-Do's are unattainable.

Come Lord Jesus! I need eternity to get all this done!

Maranatha!

No comments: