"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, January 26, 2018

Speech

The other day I sat in a middle school classroom listening to a lecture on speech and values.

I was acting as a "para," a helper to the students I'm assigned to who need special assistance in certain school situations. (It's a great job, but I don't get paid as much as when I'm a substitute teacher. Sometimes it's all that is available to me for a day.)

The speaker cited six Supreme Court cases where speech is not free. Limited, at the very least.

I think we should all become aware of these instances. I tend to hear the mantra "Free Speech" often in my mind, but really we do not have unlimited speech.

It's good to educate ourselves, because more regulations are coming down the pipeline even as I write this.

I think it is alarming, because I like to say what I believe, what I think, what I value, and communicate that to others.

I'm always thinking I'm safe to do so, but perhaps not.

My biggest concern is the "Thought Police" who want more than anything to limit religious freedom-----You don't like what the Bible says? How about making it illegal?---

There are cases like this before judges right now.

We live in a world of intolerance.

Forces are continually trying to overcome. Let's just call it what it is----WARFARE!


Can you imagine a time when it would be illegal to say "I hate Nazis?"

That's hate speech, and it is being considered to be outlawed.

"Them's fightin' words!" Already outlawed.

Hatred is quite the emotion. The English word "hate" is one that is certainly overused, and it's superlative. Do you REALLY hate something?

What about love?

It's overused too. You love pizza. You love God.

Anytime our words are limited I'm interested, concerned.  I believe the devil is truly trying to ban God's words, and then we're all going to suffer.

We need to be able to speak eternal life words to all people. We need to speak love to all. We need to hate evil, and hate what God hates. We need to love what He loves.

Let's watch and see what happens, but I won't be surprised when we believers are shut down, unable to share our hates and loves.

Share NOW, while you still can! Let's turn the tide against the devil.



No comments: