"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Transformation

My head is often more tied up in the spiritual than it is in the natural.

That's probably obvious. I'm the classic "no earthly good" type.

I busy myself with the every day stuff, teaching, cleaning, "projects," (that's knitting, my Runestone book, books I need to read, stuff that needs attention around the house...)

But my head is thinking about people and Jesus. As a prophecy nut I am well aware of the trends in society. I'm watching. I am at peace about the future. I do watch the news with interest, and I see people's opinions everywhere, especially on social media.

I have a Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Wattpad, Tumbler, Allo....accounts that I check more or less frequently, and other social media that I check maybe once a month...

Although a classic introvert, I care about people. This post isn't about me, but I have to establish my sources! There is nothing that I care more about than people coming to a relationship with Jesus Christ.

It drives me.

It has, for decades.

My mom prayed for one of her children to go into ministry. Though I would not consider myself a professional I am certainly driven by ministry. I think that my two brothers are believers and they try to minister in their own ways too. Mom's prayer answered.

You've often heard the phrase, "God has no grandchildren."  Isn't that the truth? Each one of your children must come to Christ on his or her own.

And there WILL be evidence that that has occurred. It's called transformation.


Those of us that have experienced the transforming power of the Holy Spirit find it easy to recognize in others.

Recently I had a good conversation with my father-in-law about this. How do you find a pastor? How do you pick deep friends? How do you discern your children's spiritual state?

He boils it down to "transformation," and I completely agree with him.

Anyone can say they are a Christian. It practically has no meaning anymore. This week there was a story going around about Christian Wiccans.

That's an oxymoron, an impossibility, but who can blame them? There is Christian Hinduism (yoga), Christian Homosexuality, Christian Abortion, Christian New Age, Christian Paganism....

I'm sorry, slapping the name Christian on something doesn't do it for me anymore.

There MUST BE SOMETHING MORE!

I think it is transformation. I am no judge of anyone's heart. I cannot see the musing and pleas of a spirit to find peace in Christ, but I CAN observe transformative power in a life, and I CAN see change. I can have instant rapport with transformed Believers.

Satan is a liar, and the father of lies. He can deceive me and anyone into believing whatever he wants us to believe UNLESS we are grounded in Scriptural truths and know Christ's commands. This is holy power.

I will not judge others who do not profess Christ, but for those who DO profess Christ I can certainly discern their spiritual state.

We are all at different stages of spiritual growth. I believed certain things as a young woman that I no longer believe. I was a believer then, but I've grown. I've matured. I like strong meat now, not pablum.

I have transformed.

What are the fruits of the Spirit? Do a little study today and learn them. That is a mark of transformation.

What about sin? We all have a sin nature which we must continually battle. The Bible says it is dead in Christ. Why does sin pop up again and again?

We are in the world, dearly beloved!

We have the spiritual power to defeat sin IN OUR LIVES on a daily basis. That's a mark of transformation! Repentance and defeat of sin!

I remember a Christian leader I admired displaying a undesirable side one time. I was privately shocked. It wasn't my affair, but the behavior was done in my presence. I was educated on the sinful side of believers, and their fallibility. I have no idea if he repented. I didn't stick around to see, but I assume that he did clear that up with God. I don't have contact with him anymore.

I hope so.

One thing I look for in those I love and care for is transformation. I care about my children following Christ.

I want to see sobriety, truthfulness, kindness, mercy, humility, clean living, freedom from addiction, clean speech (DO NOT TAKE THE LORD YOUR GOD'S NAME IN VAIN-HE WILL NOT HOLD YOU GUILTLESS!), love for Jesus, love for the Bible, love for hospitality, love for others, forgiveness, peace, sexual purity, understanding, wisdom, discernment, concern for eternal souls, a testimony that reviles evil.

That is transformation, my definition. Am I on the right trail, here? Can you agree? Can I get an "amen?"  Jesus saves. There is a mark that is upon his own dear ones.

Do you show that mark?

That transformation?


Lord, may I show that mark DAILY.  May those I love be transformed.
May I continually seek your forgiveness for my sin, and rely on your power to overcome it.

That is my daily prayer. If you have not been transformed please cry out to God. He's happy to answer. He WILL answer.

Young people, your time is short. Only Jesus satisfies. Choose that transformation. Listen to your elders! We love you, we want the best for you.

Follow Jesus.

Parents, Grandparents, PREACH the Gospel to your children. You can do nothing but preach, pray, and model Christ. If they don't know they are lost they have no idea they need to be saved. Talk to them about sin. Talk to them about spiritual blindness. Talk to them about a transformed life. TALK TO THEM!

I try to show eternal kindness and love by showing them the path to eternal joy. It's not about this life!!!! It's not about them or us! It's about glorifying God and obeying Him.

We can't change anyone. We must obey the LORD and preach truth to everyone. Our own offspring are our primary responsibility. Have you preached Christ to that young life? Have you seen transformation?

Get on it!





No comments: