"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, August 19, 2011


Posted by Picasa
Well, it's here. Time to say good-bye to my eldest for the school year. Margaret starts her college classes Monday too, and then it will be just days for my second son to have before his school starts.
Today my oldest boys are suffering. My eldest had 2 wisdom teeth pulled, my other son 4! They are in a lot of pain right now, but we hope for a relatively quick recovery. We were assured that the black and blue might appear by Sunday, but it's uphill from there.
Girls week is over, and I cleaned as much as I could. Not enough! I guess I'll be up early tomorrow morning with the final touches.
We drained the pool today because the air feels cool, and I wonder if we'll be back to any hot days this season. The State Fair starts next week, and that is always a harbinger of fall for me.

Have you been reading the newspaper? I looked at TIME magazine in the surgeon's office today and felt rather sick. I read "The Economist" earlier this week and couldn't help feeling some dread. Today the markets closed low, and Europe is teetering on financial collapse. The Drudge report had a horrible photo of thousands of unemployed people lined up for a job fair. Depression? We were all perturbed by a local report about Siemens hiring several thousand: it's hard to believe. My husband had two interviews with them, and he is highly qualified----even understands German!---but they can be as choosey as the next company, and he was NOT chosen. His math and engineering skills are top notch, so it appears they want top-notch, but rather young? Don't know, but I DO know something.

God provides. The blessings in our lives aren't always good days, but the worst, and hearing His voice in my spirit is matchless. His voice? His promises: I will never leave you, nor forsake you. Fear not! Don't I care for you much more than these? Look how I clothe the lilies of the field? Aren't you worth much more?

What do I mean about the worst being a blessing? It is when we cling to our heavenly Father tighter. The blessing comes from God alone. It is His presence in our sordid earthbound lives. Blessings are often material, but the spiritual ones happen more often when the tangible ones are not on the horizon.

No, I may not be much to look at on the outside, but inside is the voice of the heavens: God's eternal promises are there for me, straight out of Scripture.

I was reading "Islam for Idiots" last night before bed (and I was very tired from cleaning and the activities of the day) Still, I have to say that I learned so much more from  that book! I've read so many different books on Islam, and parts of the Koran, (I just can't get into it!) But this book must have been some theological interpretation of Islam, because some of the understanding was so completely different from what I've read before. Also, the complete lack of understanding of Christianity impressed me! Wow. If they think we believe that they are sorely mistaken!

And now the dilemma: when you are limited in your ability to educate away from false teaching, how does one go about it? The question of the ages.

Scripture itself has so much power, that it can transform a life just by its reading. The Holy Spirit gives the new life to the believer, and voila', the change is evident. One must believe! One does believe.

Let me encourage you believers. TELL the TRUTH of God's Word, every time you can. It's power is enough.

And about the mayhem? Look up. Your redemption draws nigh!
God bless you.

No comments: