"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Whew!

I have a delicious gravy brewing in the other room, to pour over mashed potatoes for dinner. My generous mother-in-law cans quarts and quarts of the best green beans every year, and recently brought us three quarts to enjoy. Those are on the menu tonight too.

I am making rice krispie bars, slicing fresh pineapple, and I might serve peas.

Why all this planning?

My family (except for son No. 1) will all be home for dinner tonight, and I have the energy to actually spend time concocting something to eat for the first time in a few days! I can't even remember all the places we've all been over the past two weeks! It's been spring madness again. Must get control of this crazy schedule! (And I've been studying too)

Eldest son is starting his finals week today. Second son is wrapping up classes and awards received at the U. Margaret is doing that as well. Her awards ceremony is tomorrow evening, the University one was Saturday morning. Finals for them start next Monday.

It's gratifying to see these children do well. I give all the credit to God, who makes up what the "foxes" have ruined. (Song of Songs 2:15) I consider myself to be the fox in this context. I know well my own limitations, and I know that the grace of God has made up for more than enough of my failings.

Therefore, it is despite me, that my children do well!

Yesterday I spent the day with my youngest son teaching a couple hundred 4th and 5th graders about beekeeping.

It was a fun, but exhausting day! Everyone seemed very interested, and concerned about bees and the struggle they are having now.  Colony Collapse Disorder, Neonicotinoids, Varroa Mites, and other threats to their existence were all covered. I was encouraged when several of them expressed real interest in becoming beekeepers!

We plan to do it again on Thursday at a different park with students from different schools.



Dear Children, What will your world be like when you grow up?

I am holding the gaze of my youngest daughter, and I pray she will have a full life, productive, showing mercy and practicing justice. Loving those who need. A life that is a blessing to all who know her, whatever comes.


No comments: