"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Setback

No, I did not pass the qualifying test I had to take on Tuesday. Another test window must be opened for me, and I am unhappy about doing so poorly.

I guess it was rather unlikely that I could pass a test which I had only studied for in my "spare time!"

I'll need to get going on some serious study time next week, and make another attempt before long.

WE are all under one roof tonight, and that is a treat.

I've been thinking about:

The bridal shower I got to help with today. (It was lovely!)
The situations and conversations from last week. (I am preparing myself mentally for the next Scout trip in July. These things require great fortitude on my part)
Ongoing stresses of adjusting to change. (Change is a Constant)
Transcripts that must be devised. (You read that right: they do not exist yet)
Keeping a 13-year-old and a 9-year-old busy...productively...with school and projects.
How to accomplish projects that have been waiting to be DONE.
 Cats that continue to terrorize us all at least once daily. My black wraith Kiwi has maudlin delight in stalking the princess Predicate. (Her personality is truly upper crust)

(Kiwi is innocently curled up on the Turkish rug at my feet as I write. It's like Jekyll and Hyde. So thankful for the Corgi police force around here!)

It's summer. We plan too much, always.

My friend's mother and I had a good talk at the bridal shower today.

She reminded me that God is always good, and He gives us the grace for each day. He gives us the strength to lift the burdens of the moment, and He never leaves us.

Her burdens are being cheerfully borne. She is a good example for me.

What would we do without good examples?!!

They are priceless in helping us get through Setbacks.

No comments: