"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, July 19, 2012

In Memory

In 1996 I lost a baby during pregnancy. In 2000 it happened again, right about this time of year.

Every once in awhile I think of my 15 and 12 year olds, those two that live in heaven now.

They have names: Sera and Jean.

I wonder how they would fit into our family, if our family would have Cherie or Ed now. I don't know, but I think about these things.

And I feel grief.

When you lose a child, even a child lost during pregnancy, you grieve.

My sister-in-law, who has now also passed, gave words of comfort, as she had also miscarried.

"You make a place," she said, "And the place is empty."

It is a felt loss.

"I know that my Redeemer lives," she said as she was dying.

"I will go to him," said King David, at the loss of his infant.

These are words of cheer and hope that comfort me when the past visits my thoughts.

Our children are eternal, and they are the only things we love we can take with us in to eternity, if they too know Christ as Savior.

This is peace.

No comments: