"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Picnic

In a few minutes we are hosting a "bash." I invited all I know, via my church and via my facebook account. That being said, I think we'll only have about 50 people here.

Last night we watched fireworks and a parade. The Scouts picked up litter  after the parade, and I think I gave myself a pretty nasty headache.

Just want you to know how great God is.

I cried out to Him to help me, and He did. I'm thankful. I am functioning. I've been loopy today, but I'm able to prepare for the party.

I have a big dish of hobo beans on the stove. A devil's food cake is frosted. Hot dogs are procured, buns, and s'mores ingredients.

My friend stopped by with berries and watermelon.

My husband, the master ice cream maker, has 7 gallons of ice prepared in the freezer to aid his delicious concoction. We all look forward to that.

The house is picked up and vacuumed. The kitchen floor is scrubbed and the bathrooms clean.

We're ready. Dogs are excited. Cats are searching for a place to hide.

Time for fun.

No comments: