"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, July 12, 2013

Toadpoles

This week little teensy-weensy-tiny toads are sunning themselves on the edges of the fish pond. There are still numerous toadpoles in the water, waiting to lose their little tails, seeking the sun and morphing.

One mystery. Only one little fish is in the pond. What happened to the others?  Our beautiful big fish are GONE!

I'm so sad! I guess there might be a coon who found our pond and decided a midnight snack was just the thing for him.

I'm going to buy a few more 13¢ goldfish today. I need to have those little mosquito larvae eaters in my pond.

Yes, the joke on Minnesota is that the mosquito is the state bird.

They have been really bad this year, with all this rain.

Yesterday Cherie and I found a lovely park on the Mississippi. The water had clearly been way over the current bank recently---muddy banks all along the edge. Water was flowing swiftly in the middle of the current, but Cherie dipped her toes in by the boat landing, and saw clear water, minnows, and sandy bottom. She said it was warm.

Few people were enjoying the beautiful day. It was one of those memorable Minnesota summer days!

We brave the bitter winters to enjoy these perfect summers!

Alas, the mosquitoes can't take that away from us.

I have had wedding preparations on my mind, reunions, birthdays, camp-outs, and military operations. My two boys are in officer's training this week. Because there are 6,000 cadets I strongly doubt they will link up with each other, but you never know!

One is coming home next week.

We're getting ready for our Chinese guests who are coming soon. We have a boyfriend/girlfriend combo this time, so that changes the guest arrangements! My wonderful husband is busy laying the floor in the downstairs bedroom. Hope it's ready in time!

Life buzzes along.  That reminds me: our bees are doing GREAT!

I made banana cake last night, but today I'm making cherry pie. Our little cherry trees had some fruit on them this year. The birds got it all. So thankful to my mother-in-law for cherries from her trees! We're enjoying them tonight with roast chicken from her, as well! A summer feast.

                                   Off to a wedding recently.


No comments: