"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, January 17, 2014

Why I Write

Some people write, and some people read. I love to do both.

Inspired by the aforementioned great-grandfather, I decided awhile back to start writing "tracts."  Passé perhaps, in light of the blogging world.

I think blogging IS tract writing.

So I write. I have 5 children, two now married. I hope to have grandchildren someday. One never passes on everything in every conversation, but there are opportunities to get things "straight" when you lay out your ideas. If others find these ideas helpful I am only more pleased.

Every person needs to "work out his faith with fear and trembling." Having been on a faith journey for 50 years now I have some signposts and cairns to put up for the next generation.

God is faithful.

There is also history to pass on. When you live a rich life (and everyone does, to an extent) it is an obligation to record and share it! God's work is always worthwhile, and He is working in everyone's life. It is our duty to record His power and help. We need to be witnesses and testifiers of His involvement in our lives.

This is how we live. This is what we are thinking. This is where we are "at."

Frankly, as a Christ-follower I have nothing to hide. Best to live with a clean conscience, a clean heart, a clean testimony. Guilt, be a tool in our lives!

I am no intellectual. I am not anything special. Just a mom and a lover of Christ Jesus, who has trials and problems and tribulations---everyday kind of issues----and I am on a wonderful journey.

That is why I write.

I have a Corgi too.  A black lab mix, two cats, and bees, and I knit, and I home-school, and .........

There is always something interesting happening around here!

Many years ago there was a woman named Gladys Tabor who wrote for the New York Times. I read several of her books, and those of her contemporaries and friends. Her life, simple and interesting, became an inspiration for many people. I guess I am inspired by her as well. I don't think she was a believer, but her example helped me to start Corgi Hollows.


Write. Share. I often say "be light."  I pray it for my children. I pray that they are light in this dark world.

That is what Corgi Hollows is all about.

Thanks for asking. (Julie!)

No comments: