"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, March 7, 2014

Rejoicing....For Now

It is one of my most cherished memories politically speaking;

When my husband and I lived in Iowa for a season, it happened to be the year Alan Keyes ran for president in the Republican party.

For those of you non-poli people, Iowa's caucuses are legendary for picking the front-runner in the presidential race.

In our small caucus I spoke up enthusiastically for my favorite candidate: Alan Keyes.

It was to my joy that our caucus voted for him, the only caucus in that area that did. Alan Keyes remains one of my favorite politicians. I admire his grace, his intellect, and his desire for good.

I still wish him to be president!                                                       

Today this article appears on World Net Daily. I think the wisdom it shares regarding the rights of parents is absolutely necessary to keep in mind, even in light of a "victory." It is an article by Alan Keyes regarding the Romeike family from Germany.

For those of us who have home-schooled, and seen tremendous results, (our children's progress far out-paces the public school student's progress) this is a back handed-threat to our right to choose what is best for our natural families.

What a warning: (PLEASE READ!)

Dark Cloud

I am thankful that my children are already mostly through the school age years. I am deeply concerned for the young families that may not have the option to do what they think best for their children.

Just yesterday at the YMCA an older gentleman confronted Ed.

"No school today?"

"I'm home-schooled," said Ed.

"So you did a full day's school already?" (It was noon)

"This is our P.E. here," explained Ed.

"Well, at least you appear to be pretty social..." -----

Typical.  Sometimes I just want to scream at those kinds of people, but I know that is sin. I wish I could say, "Yes, my oldest child got a full-ride scholarship to a private LA college, my next two children are on the dean's list at the University, and my Ed has achieved the equivalence of an entire high school education by the time he was 13. My youngest has yet to show her amazing abilities in music and art..."

But I keep my mouth shut. I blog.

Home-schooling works. Anybody really can do it. It really is amazing.

I sure hope we can keep the right to do it, forever.

No comments: